Course Details - Underwater Burning and Welding Fabricator
Duration: 6 Days
This intensive course is taught by one of our highly experienced AWS/ISO coded underwater welder instructors and provides excellent theoretical and practical knowledge for anyone wishing to work on diving projects which have underwater burning or welding included as part of the work scope.
Topside gas cutting techniques using oxygen and acetylene methods are also taught making this a well rounded practical training experience.
Upon completion, course graduates should be able to demonstrate suitable knowledge and competent practical application in the scope areas below, and will receive a competence award which is valid for three years.
· IMCA Best Industry Practice
· Pre-Use Safety
· Risk Assessing
· Equipment Variations,
· Equipment Set Up
· Underwater Safe Usage
· Break Down Procedures
· Post Use Safety Checks
· Safe Storage.
· Surface Welding Techniques
· Surface Gas Cutting Techniques
· Equipment Set Up and Testing
· Correct Diver Dress for Workscope
· In-Water Preparation
· Underwater Stitch Welding Techniques
· Underwater Oxy – Arc Cutting Techniques
· Correct Surface Operations Procedures
· Safe Breakdown Procedures